Friday, November 13, 2020

New GI Stages & SLS activities

There are 5 Stages in the new syllabus for Geographical Investigation with the newly introduced stage of suggesting improvements and taking actions. I also like it that the activities for the Sec 1 is now in the form of SLS lessons. There are a total 29 SLS lessons for the Sec 1 new syllabus based on diagnostic, knowledge acquisition, geography in practice, self-check and skills practice. A separate 5 SLS lessons have been designed for the Sec 1 GI on Water (Kallang river and Jurong Lake) as well as GI on Tropical Rainforest..




The list of SLS lessons for the new syllabus is available here: go.gov.sg/lsg001

I would propose creating a folder 2021 Sec 1 in My Drive and after you made a copy, save it in the folder. I would also suggest replacing copy of with a number (two digits e.g.01) so that the lessons are in sequence.




I have modified the one on Water GI to that on Lorong Halus Wetland beside the Serangoon River & Reservoir. I will be sharing the one I have modified. 

Please do refer to this shared excel on the SLS lessons related to Geography:


I would really like to encourage all to join in SGLDC!
I find the above features very useful. You can also read some of my posts on SLS:



No comments:

Post a Comment